We offer a complete survey and installation throughout the UK (including Northern Ireland). With 18 installation branches dotted through the UK we can cover all areas and offer a premium installation service that takes care of everything. Here is a breakdown of the installation process:
- You place your order and pay a small deposit (around 5% of the total contract value). Don’t worry, you won’t need to enter any measurements to place your order, and we guarantee the initial web price you are quoted will not change.
- The survey department will call you the same day to arrange the home visit from a uniformed surveyor (typical lead time for survey is four working days from order).
- Once the survey is completed a member of staff will contact you the following day to check over the order and make any amendments as required. At this point your door goes into production and an installation date is agreed.
- Your door will be installed by a two-man team, who will take great care at your home and check the operation of the door with you before leaving.
- You will be asked to sign a satisfaction note to confirm you are happy with the works completed. A member of staff will contact you the day after the fit to ensure you are happy with the door and check there are no outstanding issues or queries.
You’re In Safe Hands With Our Installers…
We do not use sub-contractors, and all installers are directly employed so that we can maintain a high level of workmanship.
The installation service we provide is not your typical ‘man in a van’ service, but rather is provided by one of the largest installation outfits in the UK. Here are a few reasons you will sleep easy at night if you choose the installation option:
- All installers are Cetass registered
- DGOCS insurance policy as standard
- 5 year installation guarantee as standard (industry standard is usually 12 months)
- We make good any inevitable plaster, render or brickwork damage at no extra cost
- We use dust sheets throughout the home and clean up afterwards
- All trims, decorative architrave and other materials supplied as standard (many outfits charge extra for decorative trims and finishes)
- We take away your old door and frames and recycle them
Supply Only Composite Doors – the DIY Option…
If you aren’t interested in the installation service and just want the door delivering, no problem! The delivery areas and lead times are above, and here is what to expect if you choose this option:
- Place your order securely online – our state of the art software allows you to enter your exact measurements and will error check to ensure there are no problems.
- Once the order is received the processing team will get this ordered for you and confirm the delivery date via email (NB for Door Stop orders you will also receive an email the day before with a two hour time slot for your delivery).
- Your door will arrive on the day securely wrapped and ready to install – that means pre-glazed and pre-hung in the frame to save you time on site.
There are benefits of choosing the supply only option through Composite Door Prices
– here are a few reasons DIY could be the way to go:
- 10 year product guarantee as standard (12 years for Solidor products)
- Delivery to site or home address as required – if special delivery instructions are required on the day we can arrange this.
- Quick turnaround time as the door is delivered straight to your door from the manufacturer direct.
- Fitting advice and instructional videos and guides are available if required.
- We can speak to your fitters or tradesman if required and advise on technical issues
Should I Go For The Installation or DIY Option?
Ah, the billion dollar question! This is a decision that you need to make yourself, but we have some helpful points to consider below that will help you.
It is always tempting to go for the DIY option to save money, but this can also be a riskier and more time consuming option. If you are confident you can organize the fitting yourself, then we encourage the supply only option. If there is doubt however, ask yourself if you will end up paying more in the long run if you try and cut corners.
Without considering budget, here are some questions to ponder before you make your decision…
Can you fit the door yourself?
Yes – We sell a lot of doors that people fit themselves, and if you are handy with a drill this could be an option. The doors are set up in the factory and ready to install when they arrive, and if you have experience fitting uPVC products this should not pose too much of a challenge.
Our advice is watch some videos online of composite door fitting – if you think you can handle it then this is a great option that will save you installation costs.
No – this leaves you two options; the installation option or sourcing your own fitter.
Can you source your own fitter?
Maybe – Perhaps you know someone who fits windows and doors, or know a friend of a friend. There is nothing wrong with this approach, but just make sure you are confident in the person’s ability. Ask them what they have done previously, and don’t be scared to ask to see something they have previously installed. If they are hesitant alarm bells should be ringing!
If you don’t know anyone you can look locally for an experienced joiner or uPVC fitter – this is not a bad option as you can choose someone vetted who should have local reviews and feedback. Show them the door you are thinking of purchasing and they should provide you with the measurements for you to enter on the website.
Note – if your installer does not want to carry out a survey and measure the door for you then walk away immediately! This means they are probably lazy and worse still incompetent. A fitter who takes pride in their work would always make sure they had seen the job before committing to it.
Do you have time to source your own fitter?
Yes – Searching for a good fitter to installer your door (either through a network of friends and family or searching local adverts and online) can be time consuming. We all have different time frames and workloads, but if you have the time to do this then that’s great, we recommend you go for it!
Be wary of calling the first fitter you find on Yell.com and accepting their price because you are too busy to shop around – you need to call at least three people to get a gauge on your local labour prices and make sure you are not paying over the odds. The route of sourcing your own fitter only works if you are prepared to invest a certain amount of your own time.
No – We understand some peoples schedules are simply too busy with work and family commitments to source a good installer. In this instance we think the installation option is perfect – all you have to do is choose the door you want and place your order online. From that point every aspect is taken care of and you will be updated every step of the way.
Hopefully that will give you some help on your composite door journey. Good luck, and remember you don’t have to go it alone! Our composite door experts are available to assist you at any time – give us a call on 0845 2579 104